These are the very best chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. This easy, one bowl chocolate chip cookie recipe take minutes to make and sandwiched with ice cream, make the very best Summer dessert or delicious snack.
Now listen, I know chocolate chip cookies are aplenty out there on the web and almost every one says that theirs is the very best. And you know what? I can’t say they’re not but what I can tell you is that of ALL the chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever baked (more than I care to admit), these have been the very best in flavour and texture every.single.time. They have a really rich, buttery flavour accented by the caramelly notes in the light brown sugar, a little vanilla and those delectable chunks of chocolate.
I based this easy chocolate chip cookie recipe on the one I developed for my “Chocolate Wasted” triple chocolate cookie sandwiches. Those are some of my favourite cookies I’ve ever had and they are squidgy and soft and just crisp around the edges. Swoon. So I wanted that same vibe for this chocolate chip cookie recipe. I think I totally nailed it because you guys, these are drool-worthy. And aren’t they just so beautiful and perfect? I practically squealed when I took them out of the oven and let me tell you, that doesn’t happen often. There’s just nothing like baking cookies, is there?
And even though these cookies are just fabulous on their own, sandwiching them with generous scoops of ice cream takes them to a whole other level and turns them into the ultimate Summer dessert or naughty snack. In fact, I am pretty certain these are going to be a regular at all our braais (barbecues) and social gatherings come Summer. And for those of you in the Northern hemisphere, I suggest you get on this asap and make most of the last days of Summer. I suggest making the ice cream sandwiches ahead of time to make things easy and then keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to serve. Kids and adults alike will fall over themselves for these, guaranteed.
- 1½ cups butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips/chunks
- ice cream of your choice, for serving
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Slowly add the flour and baking powder, scraping down the bowl occasionally until all the flour has been incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc and line 3 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or a tablespoon), place small (just smaller then a golf ball) scoops of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them slightly to allow for spreading.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge until the oven is pre-heated.
- Place the baking sheets into the oven and allow to bake for 7-10 minutes until golden brown but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to chill for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cool, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days (if they last that long) or sandwiched with ice cream.
- Serve immediately OR wrap in baking/wax paper and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
More cookie recipes you will love: