Get all our recipes sent to you for FREE!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I am completely obsessed with sandwiches. Bread in general, really. I mean, how can something stuffed between two slices of bread ever be bad? The sad thing is that bread is not the greatest of things to be addicted to and thus I have grown to love wholegrain breads that not only add necessary nutrients and fibre to your diet but also pack serious flavour.
When Special K asked that I develop some Summer recipes for them I immediately thought of a sandwich but had no idea how I would include a cereal into a sandwich. I thought of baking a Special K bread but decided against it. I’ve wanted to make a crumbed chicken sandwich for a while now and decided to use the Special K to add crunch to the flattened chicken breasts.
I made the sandwich using soy & linseed bread and topped it with garlicky tzatziki and baby lettuce. The end result was a sandwich to drool over filled with fantastic flavour and lots of texture. Definitely the perfect Summer sandwich and one I’ll be making again!
Are you ready to take the spotlight? Special K has been giving away two tickets every two weeks to a mystery event. For the final mystery ticket prize Special K invites you to tell us what your ideal mystery prize would be? What event would you like to attend and why? Tell us at http://on.fb.me/Uoxt3x, and you may be selected as the winner and have your mystery prize become a reality.
Special K crusted chicken sandwich
Cuisine: lunch, sandwich,
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 cup flour seasoned with salt
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups Special K processed to fine crumbs
for the tzatziki
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 cucumber, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
for the sandwich
- 8 slices wholegrain bread of your choice
- baby lettuce leaves
- To coat the chicken, dip the chicken breasts first into the seasoned flour, then into the egg and finally into the Special K crumbs.
- Fry/bake the chicken until golden, crunchy and cooked through.
- To make the tzatziki, simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the sandwich, spread a generous amount of tzatziki on half of the slices of bread, top with 2 crunchy chicken fillets, baby lettuce and top with the remaining bread.
- Serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by Special K. The content and words are my own but I was remunerated for creating the recipe.