Everyone wins when these crispy baked chicken tacos are on the menu. Served with homemade flour tortillas they get two thumbs up!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for chicken tacos
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken breast.
- Taco seasoning.
- Toppings of your choice.
How to make baked chicken tacos
- Make the crispy baked chicken: Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into long, thin strips. Coat the chicken with seasoned flour, then beaten egg and finally in seasoned panko breadcrumbs. You can use any breadcrumbs you have as well as crushed corn flakes for even more crunch. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil then bake in a hot oven until golden brown and crisp, flipping halfway to ensure even browning.
- Make the sauce and prepare the toppings: For the sauce, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce and lime juice and mix. Chop avocado, tomatoes, red onion and cilantro and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos: Spread some of the sauce on a tortilla then top with crispy baked chicken and toppings of your choice. Drizzle over more sauce and serve with wedges of lemon/lime.
What to put on chicken tacos
- Easy spicy shrimp tacos
- Shredded chicken tacos with corn salsa
- Crispy fish tacos with hot sauce crema
Crispy baked chicken tacos
Everyone wins when these crispy baked chicken tacos are on the menu. Served with homemade flour tortillas they get two thumbs up!Print Pin Rate
For the crispy baked chicken
- 4 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 cup flour seasoned with 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 extra large eggs beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs seasoned with 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the tacos
- flour tortillas I made my own using this recipe
- chopped avocado
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced red onions
- chopped cilantro / coriander
For the sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce of your choice
- ½ tsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Place the seasoned flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Coat the chicken first in the flour, then dip into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs. Make sure the chicken is well-coated after each step.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and place into the oven. Allow to bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through until the chicken is golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- To assemble the tacos, spread a little of the sauce onto each tortilla then top with the chicken and toppings of your choice.
- Serve with lemon/lime wedges.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 670mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 374IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 4mg