Juicy garlic herb pork fillet skewers marinated in an aromatic marinade is a delicious, easy gluten free and low carb dinner recipe.
Simple, healthy dinners have never looked this good. These garlic and herb pork fillet skewers have become a firm favorite of ours. Pork fillet or tenderloin is such a cost effective, lean cut of meat, perfect for family dinners. And the fact that it cooks in mere minutes is the cherry on top.
Because pork fillet is so lean and can tend to be bland, I marinate it in a super punchy marinade filled with fresh garlic, lots of lemon and herbs (both fresh and dried). The marinade does its work in no more than 10 minutes before the pork can be cooked in a smoking-hot grill pan until golden and juicy. Serve with a simple side salad for a delicious low carb, gluten free dinner.
Is pork tenderloin the same as pork fillet?
Yes, pork tenderloin and pork fillet are the same cut of meat with different names, depending on which country you’re in. It’s a long, thin and lean cut of pork perfect for quick cooking and grilling.
What temperature is pork tenderloin done?
Slice into the thickest cut of the pork fillet or pork tenderloin and make sure that the meat is pale with a slight pink hue (it is perfectly safe to eat good quality, ethically-raised pork just under well done) and the juices run clear. If you have a meat thermometer, it should read 62ºC/145ºF.
How do you keep pork tenderloin from drying out?
Because it is such a lean cut of meat, it’s important to cook it fast and to keep basting it with some kind of marinade whilst cooking. Remove the pork from the pan before it is fully cooked to rest. It will continue cooking while resting.
What to serve with pork
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Creamy condensed milk potato salad
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
Garlic herb pork fillet skewers
- 600 g (+- 20oz) pork fillet/pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Soak bamboo skewers in warm water for at least 10 minutes. (You can do this the day/night before and leave the skewers in the water.)
- Trim any fat or sinew from the pork fillet/tenderloin then slice into 5-7cm medallions.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients then pour over the pork. Cover and allow to marinate for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- When the pork has marinated, remove from the marinade and skewer 2 pieces of pork onto each skewer.
- Microwave the remaining marinade for 1-2 minutes until bubbling.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat then grill the pork skewers until golden brown on both sides. Brush with the heated marinade. The pork is cooked when the juices run clear when cut.
- Remove the pork and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.