This easy, spicy corn salsa is the perfect dish to serve with chips or to serve on or alongside grilled meat as a light, healthy side dish.
We are a family run on corn salsas, dips and salads. It is by far the thing I make most because not only am I guaranteed clean plates, corn salsa and salad easy, delicious and perfect for feeding a crowd. This easy, spicy corn salsa is no different.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Corn. Fresh, frozen or canned can be used.
- Red onion.
- Coriander / Cilantro.
- Lime juice.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make corn salsa
- Prepare the corn: If using fresh corn, grill the corn on the cob in a hot griddle pan or on an outdoor grill until charred and golden brown. Slice the kernels off the cob and continue with the rest of the recipe. If using frozen corn, thaw a bag of frozen corn then drain well. Add to a large, hot pan and allow to sear until the corn is golden brown and charred. Place in a bowl and allow to cool.
- Make the salsa: Cube an avocado, finely chop a red onion and seed and finely chop tomatoes then combine with the charred corn, finely chopped coriander (cilantro) and finely chopped jalapeño. Season with salt and lime juice and mix well.
How long does corn salsa last?
Kept covered in the fridge, the salsa can be made a few hours ahead. If you want to make it a day ahead, leave out the avocado and don’t add the salt and lime. Only add the avocado, salt and lime right before serving.
What to serve with corn salsa
- Corn chips / Tortilla chips
- Grilled chicken
- Rotisserie chicken nachos
- Crispy fish tacos with hot sauce crema
- Shredded chicken tacos
- Bacon corn muffins
- Mexican street corn dip
- Summer grilled corn salad
- Peri-Peri chicken salad with charred corn
Easy spicy corn salsa
- 1 kg (2lbs) frozen corn thawed and drained
- 2 avocados peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp coriander / cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- lime juice to taste
- Pre-heat a large frying pan and add a tablespoon of oil. Add the drained corn and allow to cook until golden brown and the edges start to char. Remove from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the avocado, onion, jalapeño, tomato and coriander/cilantro then season with salt and lime. Mix well and serve.