Easy, healthy banana oat pancakes is a healthy, filling breakfast served with fresh fruit and can be made in minutes.
Finding healthy, easy and satisfying breakfasts are always a mission for me. I am a big fan of eggs for breakfast but I get tired of it and so I often look for other ideas, but the other ideas aren’t exactly healthy. Pancakes, French Toast, waffles, Eggs Benedict…Not really ideal. So when I stumbled upon this easy healthy banana oat pancakes recipe, I was incredibly chuffed. They take minutes to knock together and they’re actually delicious.
I am not usually a fan of flourless, sugar free “healthy pancakes”. I tried making a ground almond version a while ago and was left with what tasted like a gritty egg patty. Not my idea of pleasant.
What is so great about this healthy banana pancake recipe is that they have great texture from the finely ground oatmeal and they are packed with goodness. The oats make them gluten free so if you are struggling with gluten intolerance or Coeliac disease these are perfect. (Make sure the oats you are using are gluten free.)
Full recipe and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Oats/Oatmeal. Rolled oats or old-fashioned oats. Instant oats and steel cut oats won’t work.
- Bananas. I like to use ripe but not mushy bananas.
- Baking powder.
Is oatmeal gluten free?
In short, yes. The problem comes when the oats are processed in a factory or plant with wheat or other gluten-containing grains which can cause cross-contamination so just make 100% sure your oatmeal is gluten free before proceeding.
These healthy blender pancakes also get a good boost of protein from the eggs (be sure to use free-range/organic eggs) and of course the bananas are little health bombs themselves. Packed full of fiber, potassium and many other essential vitamins and minerals.
All in all, a fantastic alternative to regular old pancakes filled with all the good stuff and a great easy healthy breakfast. Yum!
How do you make healthy banana oatmeal pancakes?
- Make the batter: Combine rolled oats, ripe bananas, eggs, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a blender and blend until smooth and thick.
- Cook the pancakes: Cook spoonfuls of the batter in a a drop of oil in a non-stick frying pan set over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with maple syrup/honey and fresh fruit.
Healthy breakfast recipes
Easy and healthy Banana Oat pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup to serve (optional)
- fresh fruit of your choice to serve
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well. Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice.