Table of Contents
- 0.1 Easy gluten free breakfast egg crêpes filled with crispy bacon, a fried egg and roasted tomatoes is the breakfast of dreams and perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 1 How do you make egg crêpes
- 2 What should I make for breakfast for guests?
- 3 Easy breakfast egg crêpes
Easy gluten free breakfast egg crêpes filled with crispy bacon, a fried egg and roasted tomatoes is the breakfast of dreams and perfect for feeding a crowd.
These breakfast egg crêpes have become my go-to showstopper breakfast when I want to impress guests but keep things simple. Which makes this so perfect for the holiday season where entertaining family and friends can easily become overwhelming. No more! These easy egg crêpes are going to change your breakfast game completely.
How do you make egg crêpes
Egg crêpes are made with beaten egg and a splash of milk or cream. The eggs and cream are beaten together before being cooked in a large, non-stick frying pan in a thin layer (just like you would do a crêpe). These easy crêpe recipe is gluten free, low carb and perfect for filling with savory fillings.
I wanted to keep this recipe quite classic breakfast so filled the crêpes with a fried egg (you could also do poached), crispy bacon and roasted vine tomatoes. I cooked the bacon and tomatoes together in the oven which makes prepping a big batch so easy. If you were to make this recipe for guests, I would cook the egg crêpes the night before, layering them with parchment/baking paper and covering with plastic wrap. Cook the bacon and tomatoes in the oven while you fry the eggs and then simply heat the crêpes in the microwave/oven until just warm.
Each guests can make their own breakfast egg crêpe and you can add other fillings like grated cheese, sauteed mushrooms or crispy hash potatoes. You can also serve toast alongside.
What should I make for breakfast for guests?
- Roasted cheesy breakfast potatoes
- Bacon, egg and creamed spinach breakfast toast
- Make-ahead breakfast sandwiches
- Bacon corn muffins
Easy breakfast egg crêpes
for the egg crêpes
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup cream/milk
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
for the filling
- 4 egg
- 8 strips streaky bacon
- vine tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the egg crêpes, whisk together the eggs and cream/milk until well beaten.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and wipe the pan with a little oil and kitchen towel.
- Pour in a small amount of the egg mixture, swirling pan to coat the entire bottom of the pan. Allow to cook for 1 minute then carefully flip over and cook on the other side. Remove and continue with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place the bacon on a non-stick baking sheet.
- For the tomatoes, place the vine tomatoes in an oven-proof dish then drizzle with olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bacon and tomatoes in a hot oven and cook until the bacon is crisp and the tomato skin is starting to burst.
- Fry the eggs in a non-stick pan until cooked to your preference, season to taste.
- To put the egg crêpes together, place one egg crêpe on plate then add a fried egg, 2 strips of bacon and tomatoes then fold the edges in to form a square.
- Serve immediately.