Cheesy, spicy chicken nachos made with rotisserie chicken is an easy, fuss-free way to get your nachos-fix without any hassle. This is perfect weekend food.
I make sheet pan nachos all the time (in fact, it’s the only nachos I ever make) and it’s honestly an excuse for me to get rid of the stuff in my fridge. Vegetables are sauteed with loads of garlic and chilli before being layered with the corn chips and cheese, left-over bolognaise sauce gets a second chance quite often and when I have almost nothing in the house, frozen corn and cheese make an excellent version.
However, the version I’ve been making for a few weeks now is this chicken nachos recipe made with rotisserie chicken. Seriously, is there anything more glorious than a rotisserie chicken? Rotisserie chickens always save me in moments of laziness/too hot too cook/too busy too cook. And here the juicy chicken adds just the right amount of savoury-yumminess to the cheesy nachos. I served the nachos in the pan topped with spoonfuls of guacamole, lashings of sour cream and chopped tomato and it made an excellent, casual dinner. Add a couple of ice cold beers and you have the ultimate game day snack.
How do you make shredded chicken nachos?
Shred a rotisserie chicken and discard the bones and skin. Layer the chicken with corn chips, frozen corn and grated cheese and bake until the cheese has melted. Top with salsa, guacamole and sour cream and serve.
Do you put salsa on nachos before cooking?
Putting salsa on nachos before cooking can result in soggy corn chips so rather serve the salsa on the side so every person can help them self.
What to put on nachos
Rotisserie chicken nachos
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 bag corn chips (approx 250g/9oz)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels
- sour cream
- chopped tomato
- coriander leaves
- lime wedges
- Pre-heat the grill of your oven to high.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips in a sheet pan then top with half of the chicken, corn and cheese.
- Repeat and finish with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and allow to cook until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven then top with spoonfuls of guacamole, sour cream, tomato and coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges.