Mexican street corn dip is the perfect recipe for easy entertaining and will be a sure favorite. Creamy, spicy and simply delicious.
You know those recipes you just become obsessed with and can’t get enough of? That’s how I’ve become with this Mexican street corn dip. We have had it weekly for the last 2 months (and most of the time more often than that) because it is honestly just so good! It’s all the deliciousness of Mexican Street corn (or Elotes) but in a handy-dandy dip form.
It’s the kind of recipe I make in bulk and just keep in the fridge to snack on (read: eat out of the bowl with a spoon) and is the best casual appetizer when you’re having people over. I also made it for my birthday dinner as a topping for chicken tacos. It’s versatile and delicious and you need to get on this ASAP.
Table of Contents
How to make Mexican street corn dip
I like to toast the corn in a hot frying pan before adding it to the dip because it adds so much roasty, toasty flavour. Traditionally you would use Cotija cheese in a Mexican recipe but unfortunately it’s not that easy to find here so I substituted crumbled feta cheese. The saltiness of the cheese with the sweet, roasted corn is just delectable. Add fresh chillies, coriander (cilantro), sour cream and mayo, and you have the kind of dip people will fight over.
I love serving this corn dip with home-made tortilla chips (just fry triangles of flour tortillas in hot oil until golden brown on both sides) but be warned: this is addictive stuff!
Can I freeze Mexican street corn dip?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing. The texture could become very watery once thawed. However, this dip can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept covered in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
- Easy spicy corn salsa
- Mexican street corn macaroni salad
- Summer grilled corn salad
- Corn chowder with bacon dippers
Mexican street corn dip
- 1 kg sweet corn fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1-2 red chilli finely chopped (taste and adjust to your preference)
- 1 cup coriander / cilantro finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp lemon/lime juice taste and adjust
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- If using frozen corn, thaw and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the corn.
- Cook the corn until golden brown and toasted.
- Allow to cool then combine with all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve the Mexican street corn dip with tortilla/corn chips and extra lime for squeezing.
This post is sponsored by Hellmann’s. All images, words and opinions are my own.