Crispy oven baked chicken wings coated in a sweet, spicy Asian glaze is a delicious appetizer and perfect for Superbowl snacking.
Crispy. Sticky. Spicy. Chicken wings. These are all some of my favourite words. And they’re all together in one recipe! Hurray!! These Asian crispy baked chicken wings are just so delicious and I might or might not be able to eat the entire batch. And listen, you’re not allowed to judge because these wings are just absolutely addictive.
Making crispy, crunchy baked chicken wings is so easy and much less fussy than frying them. And then obviously they’re healthier but we’re about to cover them in a sticky Asian glaze so let’s not go on about how healthy these are, shall we? The crispiness though is what I love so much about these. They have this roast chicken flavour and then you cover them in that sticky glaze and you have a little flavour bomb just waiting to be devoured.
These baked chicken wings are PERFECT for Superbowl snacking but honestly, they’re pretty great any day of the week. Make them, you won’t be disappointed!
Table of Contents
How long does it take to bake chicken wings?
At 200ºC/390ºF, they should be fully cooked after 30-35 minutes.
How do you make chicken wings crispy in the oven?
Pat the chicken wings dry with kitchen paper then coat in a thin layer of oil and season well. Place onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes until crisp and golden then flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the wings are crisp and golden all around.
Asian baked chicken wings
- 500g/1lb chicken wings trimmed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Sweet and spicy Asian glaze
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp ginger crushed/grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice/vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes/red pepper flakes
- spring onions/green onions finely chopped
- sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/390ºF and place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Pat the chicken wings dry then place in a bowl and drizzle over the oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and place on the wire rack.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 25-35 minutes (flipping after 20 minutes) or until golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
- To make the Asian glaze, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for 10 minutes or until reduced and syrupy.
- When the chicken wings are cooked, Place them in a clean bowl and pour over 3/4 of the Asian glaze and toss to coat.
- Serve the chicken wings topped with spring/green onion and sesame seeds and the remaining glaze for dipping.