Roasted cheesy breakfast potatoes are the ultimate morning treat served with bacon and eggs and so perfect for feeding a crowd.
Potatoes and cheese. Has there ever been a more to-die-for food combination? I mean, I’m sure there has been but right now, I can’t think of anything more scrumptious. Because let’s face it, when you take two already-pretty-awesome foods and put them together, you’re bound to be onto a winner, right?
Whenever we make a big breakfast or brunch, potatoes always feature. These cheesy breakfast potatoes have become a firm-favourite because not only are they obviously totally delicious but they are SO easy to make. It’s pretty breakfast hash with non of the fuss.
You simply dump all the ingredients (except for the cheese and chives) into a bowl, mix it all up before transferring to an oven-proof dish and baking until crisp and golden. Top it with cheese and allow to melt and dig in. What could be easier (or more perfect for breakfast)?
How do you make the best breakfast potatoes?
Combine cubed potatoes, onion and spices in a large skillet then roast at 200ºC/400ºF until crisp, golden and cooked through. Top with grated mozzarella then return to the oven and allow to bake until the cheese melts. Scatter with chives and serve.
What goes with potatoes for breakfast?
- Easy breakfast egg crêpes
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese scrambled eggs
- Baked eggs with spinach, chorizo and feta
- Easy poached egg and smashed avo toast
- Poached eggs on Asparagus with hollandaise
Roasted cheesy breakfast potatoes
- 6 potatoes Cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mozzarella grated
- chives to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc/400ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the cheese and chives, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish and place in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through, crisp and golden.
- Top with the cheese and bake until just melted then scatter over the chives and serve.