Roasted cheesy breakfast potatoes are the ultimate morning treat served with bacon and eggs and so perfect for feeding a crowd.
Whenever we make a big breakfast or brunch, potatoes always feature. These cheesy breakfast potatoes have become a firm favorite because not only are they obviously totally delicious but they are SO easy to make. It’s pretty much breakfast hash with non of the fuss.
You simply dump all the ingredients (except for the cheese and chives) into a bowl, mix it all up before transferring to an oven-proof dish and baking until crisp and golden. Top it with cheese and allow to melt and dig in. What could be easier (or more perfect for breakfast)?
How do you make breakfast potatoes?
- Prepare the potatoes: Cube potatoes (any potato good for roasting will work well) then combine with chopped onion, spices and olive oil. Transfer to a large skillet then roast until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Add all the cheese: Top with grated mozzarella (Cheddar, Fontina, Raclette and Provolone can also be used) then return to the oven. Allow to bake until the cheese melts. Scatter with chives and serve.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
The potatoes can be roasted a day in advanced. Place them into the oven to heat back up, top with cheese and allow to melt before serving.
What to serve with breakfast potatoes
- Easy breakfast egg crêpes
- Bacon, egg and creamed spinach breakfast toast
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese scrambled eggs
- Baked eggs with spinach, chorizo and feta
Roasted cheesy breakfast potatoes
- 6 potatoes Cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mozzarella grated
- chives to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc/400ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the cheese and chives, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish and place in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through, crisp and golden.
- Top with the cheese and bake until just melted then scatter over the chives and serve.
Will these crisp up again if reheated?
If heated at a high enough temperature, they should.
My family enjoys as a side dish to dried beans. Good substitute for creamed potatoes. Thanks! Blessings! ????
These breakfast potatoes are a regular feature at our family brunches now. They are always a hit.
That’s great to hear, so happy you like them Jenni!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
Perfect for breakfast with eggs, but perfect for alongside a nice, juicy steak too!