Golden puff pastry wreath filled with sweet cranberry sauce, oozy Brie cheese and pistachios is a fantastic addition to your holiday cheese board. If you love Brie, you’ll love our Easy Baked Brie recipe.
If there’s one recipe to make during the holidays, it’s this one. There’s a reason this video has been viewed more than 5 million times on Facebook! The buttery, golden puff pastry with the sweet cranberry sauce, melty brie cheese and crunchy pistachios is just such a lovely addition to your cheeseboard and will make an awesome appetizer or starter.
Table of Contents
- Puff pastry. I use frozen and thawed store-bought puff pastry.
- Brie cheese. Any soft cheese can be substituted. Camembert, Robochlon, goat’s cheese, etc can all be used.
- Cranberry preserves/sauce. I use store-bought but you can use homemade.
- Pistachios. Flaked almonds, roughly chopped pecans or hazelnuts will also work. Alternatively leave the nuts out entirely.
- Beaten egg.
How to make a puff pastry wreath for Christmas
- Shape the pastry: Allow the pastry to thaw then roll out until ½cm/¼inch thick. Use a large round bowl as a guide and cut the puff pastry into a large disc. With a sharp knife, cut a star into the center.
- Add the filling: Spread the cranberry sauce over the pastry (avoiding the center star) then add the Brie and pistachios. Pull each point of the star over the filling towards the outer edge and pinch the pastry together with your fingers.
- Bake: Brush with egg wash then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and puffed. Allow to rest for 10 minutes then serve.
Freezing and making ahead
- Freezing: Depending on the fillings, the assembled wreath can be frozen before baking. Certain cheese might change texture once thawed. Bake the wreath from frozen until golden brown and crisp.
- Make ahead: The wreath can be assembled and kept covered in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. The wreath can be baked up to an hour before serving.
This brie and cranberry puff pastry wreath is a fantastic appetizer but I also love serving it alongside a cheese board or other hors d’oeuvres like deviled eggs, pigs-in-a-blanket and crispy baked Boursin cheese.
Puff pastry recipes
- Easy cranberry and Brie pastry puffs
- Cheesy puff pastry jalapeño bites
- Sun-dried tomato basil mozzarella wreath
- Easy caramel apple puff galette
- Easy weekday chicken pot pie
- Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce
Cranberry and Brie puff pastry wreath
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 2-3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 200 g Brie cheese sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thick and cut a large circle out of the pastry.
- Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mark a circle with a medium-sized bowl and with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle. (As demonstrated in the video.)
- Spread the cranberry sauce around the center “star” then top with the Brie and pistachios.
- Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
- Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.