Golden puff pastry wreath filled with sweet cranberry sauce, oozy Brie cheese and pistachios is a fantastic addition to your holiday cheese board.
We’re continuing the festive cheer today with this GORGEOUS cranberry and brie puff pastry wreath. Listen, if there’s one recipe to make during the holidays, it’s this one. There’s a reason this video has been viewed more than 3 million times on Facebook! The buttery, golden puff pastry with the sweet cranberries, melty brie cheese and crunchy pistachios is just such a lovely addition to your cheeseboard and will make an awesome appetizer or starter.
And isn’t it just the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen? I love this technique of making a wreath and you can bet your bottom dollar, you’ll be seeing a lot more of this on Simply Delicious in the future. But for now I’m going to leave you to go gather all these ingredients and get baking because honestly, once you taste this puff pastry recipe, you’ll want to make it again and again!
How to make a puff pastry wreath for Christmas
Start by cutting thawed puff pastry into a large disc. Cut a star into the center and arrange your filling around the star. Pull each point of the star over the filling towards the outer edge and pinch the pastry together with your fingers. Brush with egg wash then bake until golden brown and puffed.
Puff pastry recipes
- Easy cranberry and Brie pastry puffs
- Cheesy puff pastry jalapeño bites
- Sun-dried tomato basil mozzarella wreath
- Easy caramel apple puff galette
- Easy weekday chicken pot pie
- Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce
Cranberry and Brie puff pastry wreath
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 2-3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 200 g Brie cheese sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thick and cut a large circle out of the pastry.
- Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mark a circle with a medium-sized bowl and with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle. (As demonstrated in the video.)
- Spread the cranberry sauce around the center "star" then top with the Brie and pistachios.
- Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
- Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.