Hot & Sticky chicken wings with Ranch dressing
Spicy, sticky chicken wings is always a crowd favourite. Served with creamy Ranch dressing to to dip, they’re finger licking good.
I feel like all I really need in life is a big bowl of chicken wings, some Ranch to dunk them into and an ice cold beer. What’s not to love?
There are few things as satisfying to eat as chicken wings. I love when the glaze is so sticky that you are forced to lick your fingers to get it off. I love that the only drink they pair well with is ice cold beer and I love that they taste better when eaten with friends.
- 1kg chicken wings
- for the marinade
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed chillies (depending on how hot you want them)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Ask your butcher to separate the wings for you so each full wing gives you 2 smaller winglets (one resembling a drumstick and the other a flatter piece).
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and add the chicken wings.
- Allow to marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook the wings, pre-heat the oven to 200°c and line a large baking tray with foil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, basting regularly while turning the chicken over half way through. Cook until the chicken is sticky, dark and caramelised.
- To make the Ranch, simply combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- When the chicken wings are cooked, remove from the oven and serve with the Ranch dressing.