Indian Sticky Chicken
I saw a clip of Jamie Oliver cooking his “Sticky-Kicking chicken” online a week ago and just loved the teqnique he used for getting maximum flavour out of a humble little chicken thigh. Jamie rubs the thighs with Chinese 5-spice and then fries it in a hot pan until cooked and finally adds some sweet chilli sauce to the pan to create a delicious, sticky chicken. I loved this idea and decided to make it for dinner a few nights ago. The only problem was that I didn’t have any 5-spice in the house but decided to use a fragrant Garam Masala and honey instead.
This is a perfect family-style meal which I served with a mixed salad with lots of yellow tomatoes, radishes and feta cheese and some roasted red-skin baby potatoes. Ridiculously easy and absolutely delicious!
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup runny honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- On a sheet of baking paper, sprinkle the Garam Masala, paprika and salt and rub the chicken in the rub until its well covered.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the honey and lemon juice and allow to caramelise for a minute.
- Serve with salad and new potatoes.