Jalapeño popper topped burgers are two favourites mashed together. Bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers are the ultimate burger topping.
There are many reasons I love my husband. He is kind, he is funny, he is an AMAZING father, he’s a pretty fantastic kisser and his behind looks uh-mazing in his jeans. But one of the reasons I love him the most is that he thought of these burgers. Let’s go back to the beginning of this whole story. A while ago I made jalapeño poppers (as I do quite often, actually) and while we were shoving them in our faces, he said “Imagine these ON a burger.” I fell in love all over again. Both with him and with the idea of a jalapeño popper burger. I mean, I love bacon, cheese and jalapeños on a burger, but this. This was genius.
So a week ago we made these when my brothers came over for dinner and it was confirmed. These are the BEST burgers all of us had ever tasted. The poppers are definitely the star of the how (as it should be). They add a crisp, smokey, salty, spicy hit to the burgers which is just absolutely insane. It is so good that as I sit here at 9 in the morning, I am salivating and craving one. They are so good that I’ve decided to make them again for my birthday in a week because I can not imagine celebrating my birthday in any other way. Just too good. I can’t even talk about it any more. Just look at the photos then go buy the ingredients and make these immediately. Then come back and thank me later.
- 500g beef mince
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 6 jalapeños, halved and seeds removed
- 150g mature cheddar, cut into rectangles to fit inside the jalapeños
- 12 strips streaky bacon
- 4 sesame seed buns, halved and toasted
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onion
- extra cheese (optional)
- To make the poppers, pre-heat the oven to 200° and line a baking tray with baking paper/foil.
- Place the cheese inside the jalapeño halves then wrap each with a strip of bacon.
- Put the poppers on the backing sheet and place in the oven. Allow to bake for 15 minutes until the bacon is crisp, the cheese has melted and the jalapeños are cooked. Remove and set aside.
- To make the patties, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 4 burger patties then cook on a grill/hot frying pan until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the burger patties on the toasted rolls with all the add-ons and top with the jalapeño poppers.
- Serve immediately.
More burger recipes you will love: