These easy turkey burgers are perfect served with spicy mayo, fried onions and your favorite burger toppings. Say hello to your new favorite dinner!
Ingredients for turkey burgers
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Ground turkey / turkey mince. You could also use chicken if you can’t find turkey.
- Breadcrumbs. I used fresh breadcrumbs but panko will also work.
- Garlic powder.
- Chilli powder.
- Smoked paprika.
- Dried oregano.
- Fresh parsley.
- Salt and pepper.
- Hot sauce. I used Crystal.
- For the burgers: Burger buns, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onions, pickles, etc.
How to make turkey burgers
- Make the burger patties: Combine turkey with breadcrumbs, beaten egg and spices. Mix well to make sure the ingredients are combined. Wet your hands then form patties. Place on a plate or cutting board.
- How long to cook turkey burgers: Turkey burgers should be cooked all the way until the center reaches 74°C/165°F. Heat a large skillet, frying pan or griddle over high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until the burgers are cooked through. If you’re using cheese, adding it to the tops of the patties while they are still in the pan will ensure they melt properly. Remove the burgers from the heat and allow to rest for a few minutes while you toast the buns.
- Make the spicy mayo: Combine mayonnaise, chilli powder, paprika, hot sauce and salt.
- Assemble burgers: Add a generous smear of mayo to the buns then top with lettuce, turkey burgers, tomato, onion, pickles, etc. Serve immediately.
Can I make these burgers ahead?
The patties can be made the day ahead. Place on a parchment-lined sheetpan and cover well with plastic then refrigerate.
Easy turkey burgers with spicy mayo
- 500 g (1lb) ground turkey / turkey mince
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- salt to taste
For the burgers
- burger buns
- cheese slices
- sliced pickles
- sliced tomato
- Combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley and spices and mix well.
- Form patties with wet hands (this prevents the burger mix sticking to your hands).
- Heat a skillet, pan or griddle over high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Add cheese, if using, and allow to melt.
- Allow the burgers to rest for a few minutes. Toast the buns in the same pan until golden.
- To make the mayo, combine the ingredients and season to taste.
- To assemble the burgers, add a generous dollop of mayo to the bottom buns. Top with lettuce, cooked burgers and toppings of your choice. Add the top bun and serve.