This air fryer chicken breast recipe is so incredibly flavorful and juicy plus it can be made in less than 15 minutes, prep to plate! It’s perfect for speedy weeknight dinners and can be served with any of your favorite side dishes.
I use my air fryer more than I’d like to admit. It’s a constant in our household and I use it daily, for everything from chicken to crispy potatoes. The lovely folks over at Instant Pot South Africa recently sent me the Vortex Plus Air Fryer with ClearCook and let me tell you, I am smitten. Not only does this machine have a great temperature range it also has so much more functionality than any other air fryers I have used. It can roast, grill, bake, air fry, dehydrate and reheat food in a flash. I also love the ClearCook feature to see how your food is getting along without needing to open the air fryer.
I wanted to develop a delectable, easy and utterly juicy chicken breast recipe in the air fryer and I am pleased to say, I did just that. These chicken breasts are absolutely delicious and impossibly juicy. The seasoning blend can be changed to include the ingredients you have in your pantry but the key here is using good quality chicken and only cooking it until its just cooked. After testing, I have discovered that 7-10 minutes at 190ºC/375ºF delivers juicy, tender chicken every time (depending on the size of your chicken breasts).
Table of Contents
- Chicken breasts. I used boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Olive oil.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Seasoning: You can use any seasonings or spices of your choice. I used a combination of chicken spice/chicken seasoning, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Use onion powder, any herbs (rosemary, sage, parsley, thyme), cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, etc.
- Salt and black pepper.
How to cook chicken breast in an air fryer
Combine all the seasoning oil ingredients in a small bowl then mix well. Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Brush the oil over the chicken, making sure each piece of chicken is completely coated. Transfer the chicken to your air fryer basket and insert into the air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes at 190ºC/375ºF then flip the chicken over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Cook times will depend on the size of the breasts. Large breasts will require longer cooking time while small or medium breasts should be done in 10 minutes. Remove from the air fryer then allow to rest for a few minutes before serving with sides of your choice.
How to I know when chicken is cooked?
Chicken is cooked when it reads 73ºC/165ºF on an instant read thermometer/meat thermometer. The meat will be opaque white throughout but still juicy and tender once cooked perfectly.
Can I make this ahead?
The chicken can be seasoned up to a day in advance and kept covered in the fridge before cooking. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature before cooking. Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Cooled chicken can be shredded and kept in the freezer for up to month for quick and easy meals. This recipe is great to meal prep ahead and use in salads, sandwiches, etc.
This juicy air fryer chicken recipe is delicious served with any of your favorite side dishes. Mashed potatoes, green beans, Brussels sprouts or arugula salad are all great ideas. Here are some more great side dishes:
Air fryer recipes
- Garlic Butter Air Fryer Salmon
- Easy Cheesy Air fryer Zucchini Tots
- Crispy Air Fryer Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
Air fryer chicken recipes
- Lemon Za’atar Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken with Jalapeño Ranch
- Lemon Rosemary Air fryer chicken thighs
Easy Airfryer Chicken Breast
- 500 g (1lb) chicken breasts boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Combine all the seasoning oil ingredients in a small bowl then mix well.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Brush the oil over the chicken, making sure each piece of chicken is completely coated.
- Transfer the chicken to your air fryer basket and insert into the air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes at 190ºC/375ºF then flip the chicken over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the air fryer then allow to rest for a few minutes before serving with sides of your choice.