I am not exactly a smoothie person. I would so much rather be eating fruit than drinking them but every now and then I just don’t have time for breakfast and making a smoothie takes mere seconds. I made this healthy smoothie recipe a while ago and really, really liked the final result. The smoothie was creamy, slightly sweet, a little tart and very filling. I loved the addition of chia seeds which added loads of fibre and protein and kept me full and satisfied until lunch time. Using frozen berries instead of fresh berries meant I didn’t have to add ice but if you don’t have frozen berries, feel free to substitute with whatever you have on hand. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries all work well.
Coconut, Banana & Berry Smoothie with Chia seedsPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk/water
- 1/2 cup-1 cup cold water
- 1 banana broken into pieces
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.