What do you get when you blend ripe avocado with sour cream/yoghurt, fragrant herbs, garlic and lots of lemon juice? Pretty much just the most delicious thing ever, is the answer. If you’re a fan of guacamole (and if you’re not, who are you even?!) you will love this dressing. It’s just so creamy and luscious and flavourful. Everything I want food to be.
I also really love its versatility. It can be used as a dip for crudités or chips when you leave it a little thicker or you can thin it out a bit more and use it as a dressing for a vibrant green salad. I found the inspiration for this dressing from the famous Green Goddess dressing but wanted to simplify it and use less ingredients. The result was just incredible and one I know I’ll be repeating often from now on.
Creamy avocado dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream/plain yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- small handful fresh parsley
- small handful fresh chives roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper to taste
- milk/buttermilk to thin out
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and allow to blend until smooth.
- Use the milk/buttermilk to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Serve with crudités or over a crisp green salad.
Judy, it shouldn’t brown for a couple of hours because of the lemon juice but if you are scared it does, simply cover with a bit of plastic wrap pressed right to the surface so no air can get to it.
How long will this dressing stay fresh in the refrigerator? I don’t want it to turn brown. 🙁 It taste great!