Smooth and creamy feta dip whipped with garlic, lemon and chilli is the perfect appetizer to serve with crudité and pita bread.
Dip recipes are always good to have on hand. You never know when an appetizer emergency is going to strike. And this creamy, spicy feta dip is the PERFECT dip to serve with crunchy vegetables and warm pita bread. Dump everything into a food processor and blend until smooth. So easy! I love having it in the fridge to serve with grilled chicken and pork too and it’s a fantastic spread on sandwiches.
Table of Contents
How to make feta dip
Combine feta cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, lemon juice and chilli or red pepper flakes in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the bowl once or twice in between. Taste for seasoning and add more lemon or chilli if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with crudité and warm pita or as part of a mezze board.
Can you freeze feta dip?
No, feta dip won’t freeze well. However, you can make this dip up to 5 days ahead. Place the dip in an airtight container then press a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper onto the surface to prevent it from drying out and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Feta cheese recipes
- Greek salad with fried feta cheese
- Onion and feta fritters with sweet chilli soy dipping sauce
- Greek feta phyllo pies with honey
Easy appetizer recipes
- Ham and cheese pastry wheels
- Prawn cocktail stuffed avocados
- Berry baked Brie
- Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs
Creamy spicy feta dip
- 1½ cups feta cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tsp chilli flakes / red pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping the bowl down with a rubber spatula once or twice in between.
- Transfer to a serving dish then serve with vegetables and warm pita bread.