This easy antipasto wreath is great as a simple Christmas appetizer and will add festive flair to all of your holiday parties.
This beautiful antipasto wreath is the ultimate festive appetizer and is a showstopper of note. When I served it recently the guests couldn’t stop talking about it and I felt so pleased because 1) it is the EASIEST appetizer you’ll ever put together and 2) It is just so beautifully Christmassy.
I used a selection of shop-bought antipasto like two different kinds of salami, pickled peppers, olives, marinated artichokes and crostini. I made marinated mozzarella/bocconcini which add a cheese element but you could easily add chunks of Parmesan or Brie instead. And of course, any other antipasto goodies you love. This wreath is totally customizable. So easy, so delicious and just perfect for your holiday parties.
What is included in an antipasto platter?
Use a variety of elements like salami, prosciutto, olives, pickled or marinated vegetables like artichokes, aubergine or mushrooms and one or two cheeses. Parmesan, Pecorino and marinated mozzarella work well. And finally, add some crunch in the form of breadsticks or crispy crostini.
What are good appetizers for a Christmas party?
- Cranberry brie puff pastry wreath.
- Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs
- Berry baked Brie
- Cheesy puff pastry jalapeño bites
- White wine garlic shrimp
- Sun-dried tomato basil mozzarella wreath
Easy antipasto wreath
For the marinated mozzarella
- 200 g bocconcini/mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the antipasto wreath
- 200 g salami/prosciutto
- 2 cups marinated artichokes
- 1 cup pickled peppers
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes halved
- rosemary to form the base of the wreath
- To marinate the mozzarella, mix together all the marinade ingredients then add the cheese and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the rosemary on a large platter in a circle then add the marinated cheese, pickled and marinated vegetables, meat and olives. Drizzle over the remaining marinade and serve.