Easy baked brie with honey, garlic and rosemary is the perfect simple appetizer for any occassion. Served with bread or crackers, it’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Ok, so there really isn’t much to say about baked brie. I mean, cheese. Baked. Yup, sold! There just isn’t anything that can beat hot, melty cheese flavored with honey, garlic and rosemary. And you’ll be hard-pressed to find an appetizer that is this simple and one that will impress the pants off your guests. The honey is the perfect partner for the rich cheese and the rosemary and garlic just infuse the brie ever so slightly. Perfect served with crostini, crusty bread or crackers.
How to bake brie
- Use a round wheel of brie cheese (you can use any type of soft cheese with a rind, camembert also works well). Slice a diamond pattern into the top of the rind then place onto a baking dish. I like using an oven-proof serving dish which means you don’t have to transfer the cheese once baked.
- Slice a garlic clove very finely then slide into cuts then do the same with a few sprigs of rosemary. Drizzle the brie generously with honey and place in a hot oven.
- How long to bake brie? Bake until the cheese is just soft, 5-7 minutes should be enough depending on the size of the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with bread or crackers.
- Antipasto wreath
- Smoked salmon chive devilled eggs
- Ham and cheese pastry pinwheels
- Pigs in a blanket wreath with maple-mustard dipping sauce
- Cranberry and brie puff pastry wreath
- Berry baked Brie
- Easy cranberry and Brie pastry puffs
- Bacon & Brie grilled cheese
Easy baked brie
- 200 g (7oz) brie wheel
- 1 garlic clove
- fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp honey
- bread/crackers to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Slice a diamond pattern into the top rind of the brie. Place in an oven-proof baking dish/serving dish.
- Push the garlic and rosemary sprigs into the cuts. Drizzle over the honey.
- Place the cheese in the oven and allow to bake until the cheese has just melted, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with bread or crackers of your choice.