Easy four cheese pasta
Luscious and ultra-cheesy, this easy four cheese pasta with herbs is great for quick weeknight dinners. The four cheese pasta sauce is so simple and will work with any pasta you have in the house.
I used to have this thing with pasta. I would eat it every second day because I just couldn’t get enough of it. Drowned in creamy sauce, topped with a meaty ragu or simply buttered with garlic and parsley, I would eat it all. Then, as is the case when you overdo a good thing, I went off it. Like, really went off it. I couldn’t stand pasta anymore and would only make it when my family asked for it. And even then I would only eat the pasta sauce and skip the pasta.
But then last night, I had a whole bunch of cheese leftover from a shoot I did last week and decided to melt it in a pan full of cream. As you do. I then cooked some linguini and dumped the whole lot in there and you guys, it was so delicious. I wasn’t even hungry and I ate an entire bowl full. This four cheese pasta is THAT good.
This is one of those incredibly delicious, simple meals that require no thought or effort and will be satisfying every.single.time. The only trick is to taste the cheese before you melt it into the cream. If you don’t taste it before, it could totally over power your dish and make it almost inedible. Nobody wants that.
So taste the cheese and adjust accordingly. Go slow and add a little at a time to make sure that the balance of salt is right. Finish the sauce with a good handful of chopped parsley and a little lemon to cut the richness and you will have a luscious, delectable four cheese sauce to serve with your pasta. Deeelicious!
Herbed four cheese linguini
for the sauce
- 250 ml cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove bruised
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 150-200 g cheese of your choice I used Gorgonzola, Gruyere, Parmesan and Brie
- large handful chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 500 g cooked linguini reserve 1/2 cup cooking water
- Place the cream, bay leaf, thyme, garlic and pepper in a saucepan and heat gently to infuse. When the cream starts to simmer, turn down the heat, remove the flavourings and add the cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt, stirring every now and then.
- Adjust the seasoning and add the lemon juice.
- Immediately add the pasta and toss to coat. Add the cooking water to "loosen" the sauce and serve with a generous grating of Parmesan and chopped parsley.