Perfect for your Easter brunch, these easy hot cross bun pancakes are filled with spices, raisins and chocolate chips for the ultimate Easter treat.
So Easter weekend is just around the corner and I know most of you are looking for easy but delicious Easter brunch ideas, right? And what better way to celebrate Easter than with a stack of spice-scented, chocolate-studded hot cross bun pancakes? Add a knob of butter and a generous drizzle of syrup and you have brunch nirvana! Easter just isn’t Easter without hot cross buns and in the Ryder household, we consume them by the dozen.
These hot cross bun pancakes are the ultimate Easter brunch treat and can be made en masse if you’re feeding a crowd. This recipe doubles and triples beautifully. I added chocolate chips to my batter (because what’s Easter without a little chocolate) but they can easily be left out. Same goes for the raisins. I know not everyone’s a fan so if you have anti-raisin-eaters coming for Easter brunch, perhaps omit those and double on the chocolate chips. These hot cross bun pancakes are a great way to get your hot cross bun fix without all the fuss of making actual hot cross buns. Happy Easter!!
Hot cross bun pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1½-2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground clove
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Butter for serving
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing jug, mix together the milk, oil and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter in a non-stick frying pan until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve topped with butter and syrup.