A perfectly juicy lamb burger flavored with oregano and garlic topped with creamy tzatziki sauce is a Greek twist on a much-loved classic.
Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Ground lamb / Lamb mince.
- Fresh breadcrumbs.
- Lemon zest.
- Salt and pepper.
- Greek yogurt.
- Fresh dill.
- Fresh mint.
- Lemon juice.
How to make lamb burger
- Make the burgers / patties: Combine lamb with the fresh breadcrumbs, egg and seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well and divide into 4 balls. With wet hands, form into patties. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Make the tzatziki: Grate the cucumber, season with salt and place in a fine-mesh sieve to drain for a few minutes. Squeeze the remaining liquid out of the cucumber and place in a bowl. Add the yogurt, garlic, herbs, lemon, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the burgers: Preheat a grill or pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until well browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers: Halve the burger buns and toast in a hot pan (or on the grill). Top with lettuce, tomato, cooked burgers, tzatziki sauce, red onion and the tops of the buns. Serve immediately.
What to serve with burgers
Lamb burger with tzatziki
- 500 g (½lb) Lamb mince
- 1 cups Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 3 Garlic cloves Crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the burgers
- Burger buns halved and toasted in a hot pan/grill
- sliced tomato
- sliced red onion
- In a large bowl, combine all the patty ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 balls and form into patties with wet hands.
- Place on a baking tray or cutting board and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the tzatziki according to recipe instructions and set aside.
- Cook the burgers in a hot pan or on a grill until well-browned on both sides and cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove form the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, toast the buns then top with lettuce, tomato, lamb burger, tzatziki and red onion. Add the top of the buns then serve.