With it being Easter holiday in SA at the moment, I’m finding it hard keeping the twins busy. When they’re not watching movies or playing outside, they’re under my feet and are always asking to help in the kitchen. I paged through my mom’s numerous recipe books and found this ridiculously easy recipe for peanut butter cookies. Four ingredients and one bowl? Seriously? I measured out the ingredients for the twins and told them to mix it all together, form balls, press on them with a fork and then popped them in to the oven. They absolutely loved it!
You could enjoy the cookies as is but I wanted to make cookie sandwiches and used strawberry jam as the ‘glue’. These were a massive hit. The peanut butter flavour is incredible in these cookies and they are the perfect snack with a glass of ice cold milk.
Ps. The cookies spread quite a bit so place them a good 5cm apart on the lined cookie sheet.
PB&J cookie sandwichesPrint Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- strawberry jam for filling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the peanut butter, egg, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Form small balls and place on a cookie sheet, 5cm apart.
- Press down with a fork.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 8-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the cookies are just cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before spreading half of the cookies with jam and sandwiching them with the remaining cookies.
These cookies look so delicious, I love the look of the jammy filling! I can’t believe how easy these look too, thanks for sharing this recipe!
Wow, how easy is that! My daughter of 4 will love making that all by herself! Thank you!