Christmas won’t be Christmas without a deliciously, sticky roasted sausage being serves as a canapé. They go perfectly with almost any drink from beer to cocktails and even bubbly and they are always a crowd pleaser. I wanted to use traditional Christmas flavourings to spice up my little pork sausages and so decided to make a glaze using wholegrain mustard, dijon mustard and maple syrup. I love how the maple syrup caramelises and goes wonderfully sticky and the subtle heat from the mustard. When I made these, they lasted all of 30 seconds with everyone reaching and pushing to get to them. Serve them in bowls and believe me when I say, don’t just make one batch. You won’t be sorry if you do!
Starters & Canapés: Maple-Mustard ChipolatasPrint Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 500 g cocktail pork sausages/chipolatas
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pork sausages in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mustards, maple syrup, paprika & salt and pour over the sausages.
- Mix the sausages well and make sure they're completely covered with the sticky mustard glaze.
- Place the sausages into the prepared baking tray and place in the oven.
- Allow to cook for 20-25 minutes until the sausages are cooked through and the glaze is sticky and dark.
- Remove from the oven, place in a serving bowl and serve.
These are so yummy. I make them all the time. Great finger food!