Zucchini & Goat’s cheese Bruschetta
When I have guests coming over, so often, I don’t feel like serving a traditional, plated starter. I prefer to serve ‘snacky’ foods that can be enjoyed with drinks. Bruschetta almost always pops up as it is such a fantastic way to showcase beautiful flavours while being easy to eat.
No plates or cutlery needed. I just love the flavour of fresh, almost sweet zucchini with creamy, tangy goat’s cheese. You could toast the bread in advance and keep in an airtight container and the zucchini can be prepared up to 30 minutes in advance. Simply assemble and serve.
This recipe is from my new book Cook from the heart and to celebrate it’s release, Penguin Books SA have launched a fab competition. Stand a chance of winning a R2000 Le Creuset gift voucher. Click here for more info.
Zucchini & Goat's cheese Bruschetta
- 200 g fresh zucchini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 200 g soft goat's cheese I used Chevin
- sliced sourdough toasted
- Thinly slice the zucchini (I used a potato peeler but you could also use a Mandolin) and place in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and season to taste. Mix well.
- Soften the goat's cheese in a bowl (I just mash it with a fork).
- Spread on the toasted sourdough and top with the marinated zucchini ribbons.
- Serve immediately.