This easy zucchini and feta crustless quiche is a delicious vegetarian recipe for any time of the day and perfect with a side salad as a light meal.
Quiche is always a good idea as a make-ahead breakfast/brunch or light lunch. This crustless quiche takes away all the faff that comes along with working with pastry. Plus it gives you all the delicious, cheesiness that a quiche delivers.
I love making crustless quiches for easy lunches and it’s perfect served with a side salad for a quick and light dinner. This zucchini and feta quiche will be perfection at Easter brunch. As a bonus, it can be made a few hours in advance to make time and space for any other recipes you might need to prep. Easy, cheesy deliciousness. Yes please!
How to make crustless quiche
Combine eggs, cottage cheese and a tablespoon of flour (optional) with salt, pepper and thyme and mix well. Place the drained zucchini, cheddar and feta into a pie dish and pour over the egg mixture. Allow to bake until golden and puffed then remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
Is a frittata the same as a crustless quiche?
Though both are very similar, this crustless quiche is a much richer recipe with creamed/smooth cottage cheese and flour worked into the mixture. This is to add creaminess and also more stability to the egg base. The flour is optional and can be left out or replaced if you want a low carb/gluten free version.
Zucchini feta crustless quiche
- 4 large (approx 350g) zucchini grated
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 extra-large eggs
- 1½ cups (375g) creamed cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp flour (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Salt the zucchini with a pinch of salt and allow to drain in a colander for 10 minutes. Squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Mix together the eggs, cottage cheese, flour, salt, pepper and thyme until smooth.
- Place the drained and squeezed zucchini, feta and cheddar in a greased pie dish/oven dish then pour over the custard mixture.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are set but the center still has a slight jiggle when moved.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving.