You are going to love this easy air fryer zucchini recipe. Cooking zucchini in the air fryer delivers all the great flavor you get from roasting it but with none of the hassle. Served on a bed of creamy whipped feta, it’s a delicious and healthy side dish.
Table of Contents
What you need for this recipe
If you want to quickly cook zucchini in the air fryer, you only need three ingredients. Add more flavor by adding your favorite spices like garlic powder, onion powder or paprika. I served the air fried zucchini on whipped feta topped with fresh basil and chopped chillies as a delicious gluten-free and Keto side dish.
- Zucchini/courgette. This recipe can be made with yellow squash/summer squash as well.
- Extra-virgin olive oil.
- Salt and black pepper.
How to make air fryer zucchini
I love cooking vegetables in the air fryer because it gives you all the same roasty flavor you get from the oven but in a fraction of the time. Similarly, I also can’t bear to switch my oven on in summer so the air fryer is a life saver. I like slicing the zucchini in half, lengthwise, then scoring the flesh so that the zucchini cooks quickly. This also just makes for prettier presentation but you can absolutely just slice the zucchini into rounds or large chunks if you prefer. Pat the zucchini dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
Drizzle the zucchini with olive oil and season generously then place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry in batches for 15 minutes at 200°C/400°F until the zucchini is golden brown and tender. Remove and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Can I make this ahead?
Yes, zucchini can be cooked and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
What to serve with air fried zucchini
Zucchini is a delicious vegetable to serve as a side dish. This recipe is great to serve as it is or with whipped feta, like I mentioned, with any protein of your choice. Grilled chicken, fish/salmon or lamb are all great options.
No, you don’t have to peel zucchini. The peel is completely edible and delicious.
Air frying zucchini is a great, healthy way to cook this versatile vegetable. Using a small amount of oil will keep calories low and still deliver a delicious end result.
When zucchini is fork-tender, it is cooked. Insert a fork into the zucchini and if there is little resistance, the zucchini is ready to eat.
Yes, zucchini is perfectly safe to eat raw. My marinated zucchini salad is a delicious way to serve raw zucchini.
Air fryer recipes
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini
- 1 kg (2lb) zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For serving (optional)
- whipped feta
- fresh basil leaves
- sliced red chilli pepper
- Slice the zucchini into half, lengthwise, then score each slice of zucchini with the tip of your knife in a diamond pattern. Pat the zucchini dry with paper towels to get rid of any excess moisture.
- Drizzle over the olive oil then season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Place the zucchini slices, cut side up, in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the zucchini for 15 minutes at 200°C/400°F until golden brown and fork tender.
- Remove from the air fryer then finish with a squeeze of lemon juice then serve.
- Optional: Spread the whipped feta onto a serving platter then add the air fried zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil (I used chilli oil) and scatter over fresh basil leaves and thinly sliced chilli. Serve with lemon wedges.