Easy spicy marinated zucchini salad with toasted pine nuts and feta cheese is a delicious side dish perfect for summer meals.
Easy salads that can be made ahead of time is a staple for me during the warmer months when I want to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. This salad marinated in a delicious lemon marinade is the perfect salad to prep ahead as it can be made up to a day in advance. The zucchini absorbs all the lemony, garlicky marinade and is delicious served with toasted pine nuts, finely chopped chili and cubes of creamy feta cheese.
Table of Contents
How to make zucchini salad
Slice zucchini into thin slices using a sharp knife or mandolin. Place the sliced zucchini into a large bowl. To make the marinade, combine olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl or jug and whisk well. Pour the marinade over the raw zucchini and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours. When you are ready to serve, top the marinated zucchini with toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and finely chopped red chili.
Can you eat zucchini raw in salad?
Yes, raw zucchini works very well in salad. Simply wash fresh zucchini and slice with a knife or mandolin or use a vegetable peeler to create long strips to be used in salads.
What to serve with zucchini salad
- Cucumber, tomato and red onion salad
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
- Tomato avocado salad
- Avocado blue cheese strawberry salad
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
Marinated zucchini salad
- 500 g (1lb) zucchini (baby marrow/courgette) thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese cubed
- ½ cup pine nuts toasted
- 1-2 red chillies finely chopped
For the marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed (depending on how strong the cloves are)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Thinly slice zucchini and add to a large bowl.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over the zucchini.
- Allow the zucchini to marinate for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge.
- When you're ready to serve, top the zucchini salad with cubed feta, toasted pine nuts and finely chopped chili.