Juicy Greek lamb chops marinated in lemon, oregano, rosemary and garlic and grilled to perfection is a delicious dinner served with creamy Tzatziki.
Juicy lamb chops cooked until the fat is crisp is one of life’s simplest pleasures. Lamb chops are a regular feature on our dinner menu because they are absolutely delicious and perfect for weeknights when you need dinner on the table fast. They take no more than 10 minutes to cook (depending on their thickness) and can be marinated in a multitude of ways.
Marinating the chops in a mixture of olive oil, lemon, oregano, rosemary and garlic make these Greek lamb chops a guaranteed with your family. Serve the grilled lamb chops with creamy Tzatziki, pita bread and a simple salad for the ultimate fuss-free family meal.
How to cook lamb chops
Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the lamb chops. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes, however, the longer the better. Heat a griddle pan or outdoor grill then cook the lamb chops for 3-4 minutes per side until they are deep golden and almost charred but still juicy. Stand the chops up on their fat side to allow the fat to render and crisp up. Remove the lamb chops from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with Tzatziki.
How do you know when Lamb chops are done?
Lamb chops are best when they are done medium – medium rare (62ºC/145ºF). The meat should be blushing pink in the center.
What to serve with lamb chops
- Salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Greek salad with fried feta cheese
- Easy no-yeast flatbread
- Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges
- Creamy Greek Tzatziki
Love lamb? Try these recipes:
- Easy sticky lamb ribs
- Slow-braised lamb shanks
- Easy lemon-garlic lamb chops
- Slow-cooked Irish lamb stew
Greek lamb chops with tzatziki
- 1 kg lamb chops
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 2 t chopped rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tzatziki to serve
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the lamb chops and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes (a few hours is preferable).
- Pre-heat a griddle pan or grill and grill the lamb chops until caramelized on the outside and blushing pink in the center. Stand the lamb chops up on their fat side to make sure the fat renders and becomes crisp and golden.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve with tzatziki.