This easy broccoli cauliflower salad recipe is fantastic as a side dish or low carb lunch dressed with my healthy Caesar dressing and topped with crispy bacon pieces.
Table of Contents
- Broccoli florets.
- Cauliflower florets.
- Bacon. (optional)
- Other topping ideas: chopped red onion, sunflower seeds (for extra crunch), nuts like pecans or walnuts.
- For the dressing: My healthy caesar dressing works so well with cauliflower broccoli salad but you can use any creamy dressing of your choice. You’ll need Greek yoghurt, Fresh garlic clove, anchovies, extra-virgin olive oil, Parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
How to make broccoli cauliflower salad
I prefer roasting the vegetables until tender but firm, but you can leave them raw for this salad if preferred. Toss the cauliflower and broccoli florets with a few teaspoons of oil and season with salt. Roast (or air fry) for 15-20 minutes until cooked to your preference.
In the meantime, cook the bacon until crisp (this can be done in the oven alongside the vegetables) then chop into bite-size pieces. In a small mixing bowl, add the chopped anchovies, minced garlic and grated Parmesan then whisk in the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Remove the broccoli and cauliflower from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature then add to a large bowl. Pour over the salad dressing and sprinkle over the crispy bacon bits then transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Can I make this ahead?
This is the perfect salad to prep ahead since there are no vegetables to worry about going soggy. The salad can be fully prepped then covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Creamy Broccoli Soup with Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 20-minute Broccoli al limone pasta
Easy broccoli cauliflower salad
- 250 g (½lb) broccoli florets
- 250 g (½lb) cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 100 g (3oz) bacon
For the dressing
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 anchovies chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli to a roasting dish then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until just tender but still firm.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the bacon until crisp then chop into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mincing a garlic clove into a bowl. Chop the anchovies and grate the parmesan cheese and add to the bowl with the garlic.
- Whisk in the yogurt, olive oil and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the vegetables are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and add the bacon then toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve.