Easy chicken tikka masala thighs are a great way to get all those glorious curry flavors without all the fuss. Serve with Naan and raita for an easy feast.
So you know by now that I love a cooking shortcut. Especially on weeknights when no-one has time to spend hours in the kitchen. And this easy chicken tikka masala thighs recipe is right up my alley. Not only does it use chicken thighs, which I LOVE, the easy tikka masala paste you slather them in results in the most delicious, finger-licking chicken.
It’s the kind of recipe I prep in the morning while I have a second and the marinade gets to work its magic throughout the day and then around 45 mins before dinner time I just pop the chicken thighs into a hot oven and serve the juicy, aromatic chicken with pillowy naan bread, some cucumber raita and a quick chopped salad. It’s SUCH a good dinner and guarantees empty plates every time. Plus, the leftover chicken is pretty awesome the next day too!
Table of Contents
Easy chicken tikka masala thighs
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 chicken thighs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the chicken) in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Cut a few slices into each chicken thigh then place on a wire rack over an oven-proof dish.
- Place the chicken thighs on the wire rack then pour over the curry paste/sauce. Push the sauce into the slices then place into the oven.
- Allow to bake for 25 mins or until the chicken is cooked, then turn on the grill/broiler and allow the top of the chicken to caramelise for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 mins before serving.