Table of Contents
- 0.1 Easy creamy pepper sauce is the perfect accompaniment for a juicy grilled steak, chicken or pork chops and takes only a few minutes to knock together.
- 0.2 How to make pepper sauce:
- 0.3 What to serve this easy creamy pepper sauce with:
- 1 Have you tried this black pepper sauce recipe? Rate and comment below.
- 2 Easy creamy pepper sauce
Easy creamy pepper sauce is the perfect accompaniment for a juicy grilled steak, chicken or pork chops and takes only a few minutes to knock together.
How do I like my steak, you ask (ok maybe you didn’t but just humour me..)? Rare to medium rare and covered with sauce, is the answer. I LOVE steak. Juicy, a little charred and *just* cooked. But if there’s not a sauce on my steak, forget about it. I need a little lick of seasoned butter, a reduction of sorts or a creamy sauce to pull it all together for me. And this pepper sauce recipe for steak is just perfect.
The joy about this easy pepper sauce is that it literally takes no more than 20 minutes to make. I don’t add any flour/corn starch to the sauce and allow the sauce to reduce to thicken simply because it’s less faff and makes it gluten free/low carb as well.
How to make pepper sauce:
The key to getting the most “pepperiness” from your peppercorn sauce is to toast the pepper gently with the onion and garlic before adding the cream. Just don’t take a deep whiff because you will sneeze for days (believe me, I learned the hard way).
Fresh thyme, bay and a squeeze of lemon add all the right flavours and you’re done. It’s the kind of sauce I could eat by the spoon, and I do. Often. It’s just SO good!
What to serve this easy creamy pepper sauce with:
- Chargrilled or pan-fried steak (especially Rib-eye) is fantastic with this sauce.
- Grilled chicken breasts. Add a little more lemon for added zing.
- Tossed through cooked pasta for a quick weeknight meal.
- Drizzled over grilled asparagus for an easy side dish.
- Spoon generously over pan-seared pork chops.
Have you tried this black pepper sauce recipe? Rate and comment below.
Easy creamy pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups whipping/heavy cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the onion and saute until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds before adding the pepper and herbs.
- Gently toast the pepper until fragrant then pour in the cream.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and allow to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your preference.