Table of Contents
Juicy chicken burgers with spicy piquanté peppers and herbs served on toasted buns is a family classic turned up a notch.
Burgers are a serious family favourite in our household. Whether it’s a quick weeknight dinner or a casual burger party over weekends, we love a good burger around here. So, it’s no surprise that these juicy chicken burgers went down a treat. They are seriously SO good!
The chicken burger patties are so easy to make and requires minimal prep. Chicken, breadcrumbs, egg and herbs are all brought together with “PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Whole” to add a truck-load of flavour. Even though the peppers are quite spicy when you eat them as is, they add a delicious sweetness without too much heat to the burger patties so even the kids could enjoy the burgers with us.
PEPPADEW® is a proudly South African brand with a wide range of products including the universally-loved sweet piquanté peppers, alongside juicy jalapeños, traditional atchars, spicy relishes, pickled onions, pasta sauces and addictive Splash-On™ sauces. The sweet piquanté peppers in particular are a serious favourite of mine. They are perfect on pizzas, nachos or tacos and no cheese board is complete without them.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a “peppadew.” PEPPADEW® is a brand, and that famous little red fruit is a piquanté pepper. I was actually quite shocked when I heard that, because I’ve always called them peppadews! These unique Sweet Piquanté Peppers are versatile ingredients, with a uniquely sweet but spicy taste and fresh, distinctive crunch.
I teamed up with PEPPADEW® to bring you delicious recipes showing you the versatility of their sweet piquanté peppers and they are giving away SUCH exciting prizes as part of their #JustAddPeppadew campaign. Head over to their website by clicking here and enter by telling us what dishes you think pair perfectly with PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers. You stand a chance of winning R5000 in cash, PEPPADEW® product hampers and awesome appliances for your kitchen! Entries close 16 November 2018 and the competition is only open to South African residents.
Spicy chicken burgers
- 500 g chicken mince
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Whole finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the burgers
- 4 burger buns split and toasted
- Cheese slices
- Fresh lettuce
- PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Whole for topping
- Combine the burger patty ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form 4 burger patties and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burger patties in a large, non-stick frying pan until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Assemble the burgers by slathering the burger buns generously with mayonnaise and topping with lettuce, cheese and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Whole.
- Serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by PEPPADEW®. All images and opinions are my own.