When I saw this gorgeous salad on Smitten Kitchen, I knew I had to give it a go. I just love carrots with anything spicy and I love the idea of adding Feta cheese. I gave it my own spin and replaced the mint with flat-leaf parsley and simplified the Harissa dressing a little.
I served this salad with a lemony roast chicken for dinner last night and I just loved it. The sweet carrot flavour is enhanced by the spicy Harissa and the creamy Feta balances out all the flavours perfectly. Just delicious.
Harissa Carrot salad with Feta cheesePrint Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 1 kg carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 50 g Harissa paste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley
- 200 g Feta cheese crumbled
- With a vegetable peeler or mandolin, thinly slice the carrots into long ribbons and place into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the garlic and Harissa until fragrant. Add the lemon juice, sugar and salt and fry for another minute.
- Pour the Harissa mixture over the carrots and toss well.
- Add the parsley and the Feta cheese.
- Allow to stand for up to an hour and serve.