When I saw this gorgeous salad on Smitten Kitchen, I knew I had to give it a go. I just love carrots with anything spicy and I love the idea of adding Feta cheese. I gave it my own spin and replaced the mint with flat-leaf parsley and simplified the Harissa dressing a little.
I served this salad with a lemony roast chicken for dinner last night and I just loved it. The sweet carrot flavour is enhanced by the spicy Harissa and the creamy Feta balances out all the flavours perfectly. Just delicious.
- 1 kg carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 50 g Harissa paste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley
- 200 g Feta cheese crumbled
- With a vegetable peeler or mandolin, thinly slice the carrots into long ribbons and place into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the garlic and Harissa until fragrant. Add the lemon juice, sugar and salt and fry for another minute.
- Pour the Harissa mixture over the carrots and toss well.
- Add the parsley and the Feta cheese.
- Allow to stand for up to an hour and serve.