We have been dreaming about renovating our home for the last 5 years. We knew it had the potential to deliver the beachy/coastal vibe we were after but the floors, cabinetry and layout was old, tired and dated. So last year we embarked on an extensive remodel of our kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room, etc. It was 2 months of living in only a few rooms of our home, with dust (omg, the dust) and noise but the end result is everything I’ve ever dreamed of. And at least we can say we’ve lived through a home renovation during a pandemic! I have been sharing more of the process on my Instagram so follow me there for more behind the scenes and images: @alidaryder.
Suppliers and details
- Sanitary ware (including the beautiful mixer on the kitchen island): Franke.Ps. We were gifted the kitchen and laundry room mixers as well as the laundry basin and received discount for the bathroom taps as a trade exchange.
- Counters: Enduro Quartz
- Tiles: Mosaico Vero
- Cabinetry: Valotech. Our Cabinets are all Duco-finished shaker-style cabinets.
- Kitchen sink: Vaal.
- Floors: Wood-look vinyl in Oak by Eva-Last from Tier Flooring.
- Bar chairs, Malawi chairs and upholstery of kitchen furniture as well as the powder room mirror: Crafford and Co
- Master bathroom mirror and Kitchen island light fixture: Arkivio