These tropical smoothie breakfast popsicles are so easy to make and are an excellent healthy snack or grab-and-go breakfast. My kids are obsessed!
Breakfast in our house has become a lot calmer since I started making breakfast popsicles. Because let’s face it, what child doesn’t want a popsicle for breakfast? Plus not only are they so easy to make, they’re also healthy! Depending on what you choose to use, they can be vegan, gluten free, lactose free and FULL of fiber from the fresh fruit.
I make a few flavors on weekends using up fruit, yogurt and coconut milk I have in the fridge. This means less waste (which we should all be more conscious of) and it means that breakfast is sorted for the week ahead.
Table of Contents
How to make popsicles
Combine fruit of your choice in a blender with coconut milk, fruit juice, nut milk or yogurt. Add honey and lemon or lime juice then blend until smooth. You can also add seeds, nuts and vegetables like spinach, kale, cucumber or celery.
Pour the blended mixture into popsicle molds and add popsicle sticks. You can layer the popsicle mixture with fruit puree and yogurt to add texture and color. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen solid before serving.
Are popsicles gluten free?
Yes, most popsicles should be gluten free. As they are made of fruit, fruit juice, milk or yogurt, they are gluten free and most often lactose free and vegan.
How long does it take for popsicles to freeze
Popsicles take at least 4 hours to freeze but it’s recommended to allow them to freeze solidly overnight.
Healthy breakfast recipes
- Healthy blueberry muffins
- Easy breakfast yogurt fruit cups
- Creamy pineapple and strawberry breakfast smoothies
- Low carb berry breakfast parfaits
Tropical smoothie popsicles
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
for the yoghurt layer (optional)
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
for the passionfruit layer
- 4 passionfruit pulp and seeds removed
- To make the tropical smoothie, blend together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Mix the Greek yoghurt and honey together.
- Layer the tropical smoothie, passionfruit and Greek yoghurt layers together in popsicle moulds then add popsicle sticks.
- Place in the freezer and allow to freeze for at least 4 hours.