Tangy, spicy and sweet buffalo chicken sliders with creamy blue cheese sauce is a great recipe for casual entertaining and will have everyone drooling.
So yes, this is food porn at its finest. And yes, I do hate that word but is there any other word that so perfectly explains the feelings you have towards seriously glossy, dripping, juicy-looking, get-into-my-mouth-this-second food? No, I don’t think so. And these buffalo chicken sliders with blue cheese sauce are the things food porn dreams are made of (if such a thing exists).
The thing with these sliders is that not only do they look mouth-wateringly delicious, they really are mouth-wateringly delicious (yep, I just made up that word). Just imagine a soft, sweet bread roll toasted and slathered with butter topped with tangy, spicy and slighly sweet shredded chicken, crisp lettuce and finished with a drizzle of creamy blue cheese sauce. Are you drooling yet? Because I certainly am. It also helps that other than the buffalo sauce (which takes no more than 10 minutes to cook), there is no cooking involved in this recipe.
The chicken is a shop-bought rotisserie chicken which I shredded with two forks before mixing it with the buffalo sauce and the blue cheese sauce was simply blitzed in my mini-food processor. I toasted the buns in a hot pan but you could omit this step if you’re in a real rush to shove these in your pie-hole (no judgement, I’m with you on this one) but I think the toasted flavour really compliments the smokiness of the buffalo sauce. And that’s it. So easy, so insanely tasty and perfect weekend food. Go on, you know you want to!
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 50-100g blue cheese, crumbled (to taste)
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- 1x rotisserie chicken (shredded, skin and bones discarded)
- 8 slider rolls (smaller than burger buns), buttered and toasted
- Extra blue cheese, crumbled
- For the buffalo sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and allow to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer gently for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly but is still runny enough to coat the chicken easily.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and pour over enough sauce to cover the chicken.
- To make the blue cheese sauce, combine the ingredients in a small food processor and blitz until combined. Alternatively you could use an immersion/stick blender.
- To assemble the sliders, top the toasted buns with the lettuce and a generous spoonful of the shredded buffalo chicken then drizzle over the blue cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately.
More chicken sandwiches/burgers you will love: