Fruit & Yoghurt Tarts
During summer, we all look for delicious desserts which can offer a source of nutrients while still tasting good, and so, when Special K asked me to come with a fabulous recipe I thought this one would be just perfect. An added bonus is that tart requires no cooking. Simply assemble in little time.
I decided to use the Special K and make a tart shell from it. I combined the crushed Special K with a little melted butter and sugar and pressed it into tart cases before allowing it to set in the fridge.
When you are ready to serve, you pop the Special K tarts out of their tart cases and fill them with Greek yoghurt and any summer fruit you wish. I chose perfectly ripe nectarines, thinly sliced and my favourite fruit, fresh cherries. Finished with a dusting
of icing sugar, these tarts will make the perfect easy, delicious and impressive dessert or fabulous breakfast this Summer.
Feel fabulous this summer with Special K. For more tips to feeling fabulous this summer join the Special K Facebook Page here: http://on.fb.me/JGcEtb
- 2 cups Special K, crushed finely
- 60-100g butter, melted
- ½ tablespoon caster sugar
- Greek yoghurt
- seasonal fruit of your choice
- Mix the finely crushed Special K with the melted butter. Start with 60g and mix in. You want the end result to be like damp sand so add enough buttter until you have the desired texture. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Press the crumbs into tart cases and place in the fridge to set for an hour.
- When the crust is set, remove from the tart cases and place on a serving platter of your choice.
- Add some Greek yoghurt (sweetened with Honey if you wish) and top with fresh fruit.
- Serve immediately.