This easy bagel breakfast sandwich with cheesy eggs and spinach is the perfect breakfast recipe. It’s great as a breakfast for one but can easily be scaled to feed a crowd.
This bagel breakfast sandwich recipe is so simple to make and the perfect quick and easy breakfast recipe. I made a scrambled omelette and added loads of fresh baby spinach, cheese and spring onion/green onion for flavor. If you have fresh bagels, there’s no need to toast them but day-old or frozen bagels will definitely be better once toasted.
- Fresh spinach.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Butter/olive oil.
- Cheese. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Gouda, American cheese, Havarti and Fontina are all good choices.
What else can I add to this breakfast sandwich?
Breakfast sausage, slices of ham and cooked ham are all good options if you’d like to add extra protein to your sandwich. Mushrooms, tomatoes and onions are great vegetables to add.
How to make a bagel breakfast sandwich
- Cook the eggs: Beat the eggs with a splash of milk or cream. In a large pan, add a knob of butter then add the spinach. Cook until wilted then pour in the eggs and season generously with salt and pepper. Gently stir the eggs, allowing a loose omelette of sorts to form. Once the eggs are almost cooked, add the cheese then allow to melt.
- Assemble: Toast the bagel then transfer the eggs to the sandwich. Add more spinach and cheese (optional) then slice and serve immediately.
Easy breakfast recipes
Cheesy egg bagel breakfast sandwich
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk/cream
- 1-2 tsp salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 2 bagels halved
- 1 cup grated cheese (or 4 slices of American cheese)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk/cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat then melt the butter.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt then pour in the eggs.
- Scramble gently, allowing a loose omelette to form.
- Once the eggs are almost cooked, add the cheese then allow to melt.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bagel.
- To serve, transfer the eggs to the bagel and add more fresh spinach or cheese (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply