Stuffed with gooey mozzarella and ALL the garlic, this cheesy pull apart garlic bread is the perfect side dish to share with a crowd.
Table of Contents
Cheesy pull apart garlic bread
Stuffed with gooey mozzarella and ALL the garlic, this cheesy pull apart garlic bread is the perfect side dish to share with a crowd.Print Pin Rate
- 1 ciabatta loaf (alternatively use French loaf or bread of your choice)
- ½ cup softened buter
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1½ cup mozzarella grated
- ½ cup Parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F.
- Slice the bread into slices approximately 2cm thick, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, cheeses and oregano. Spread the butter mixture into the cuts of the bread.
- Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray then wrap the bread well.
- Place in the hot oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 534mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 1mg
Tips for making homemade garlic bread
- Using a long or oblong-shaped bread is best. This way the bread is easily shareable.
- If raw garlic is a bit too pungent for you, pour boiling water over the garlic cloves and allow to sit for a few minutes before crushing. This will blanche the garlic and mellow it out slightly. You can also go completely fancy-pants and roast the garlic until soft and sweet before mashing it into the butter.
- Wrap the bread in a single layer of foil but make sure its well sealed. This way you can also cook the bread on your outdoor grill / braai / barbecue.
- Play around with cheese and herbs to customize your bread to your own preference.
Freezing and making ahead
- Making ahead: The garlic bread can be prepped and wrapped in foil up to 4 days ahead of cooking. Keep in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Freezing: Assemble the garlic bread then wrap in foil and place in a large freezer bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen until the bread is heated through and the cheese has melted.
What to serve with garlic bread