Creamy mushroom pork chops is a delicious, easy dinner recipe. Juicy pork chops in an easy creamy mushroom sauce all in one pan? Yes please!
Easy dinner recipe coming in hot! These juicy pork chops cooked in a luscious, easy creamy mushroom sauce is a firm family favorite. Yes, it is super tasty but it can also be made in under 30 minutes which is always a win in my book.
This recipe also requires only one pan so washing up is made even easier. I like to use bone-in pork chops as I think they are more flavorful but you can definitely use boneless pork chops if you prefer.
Serve these creamy mushroom pork chops with mashed potatoes or crusty bread to soak up all the sauce or with a simple side salad for a delicious low carb, gluten free meal.
How do you make creamy mushroom pork chops?
Pat pork chops dry with kitchen paper then season well with salt and pepper. Sear in a hot pan until well browned on both sides (approximately 3-5 minutes per side). Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, fry the mushrooms in a splash of oil until golden brown then add garlic and season with salt and herbs. Pour in the cream and lemon juice and allow to simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon easily. Add the pork chops and their resting juices back to the sauce and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked to your preference.
How do you know when pork chops are done?
Cooked pork chops should read 62ºC/145ºF on a meat thermometer. Depending on their thickness, cooking them for 3-5 minutes per side in a hot pan will give you a perfectly cooked pork chop. They will continue cooking in the sauce or when resting.
Easy mushroom sauce – no flour needed
The mushroom sauce the pork chops are cooked in requires no flour or cornflour to thicken. Simply reduce the sauce for 5-7 minutes until the sauce can coat the back of a spoon easily. If you want you can add cornflour to thicken even more but the sauce consistency without any thickener is perfect to cook pork chops or chicken in.
What to serve with pork chops
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Garlic parmesan mashed potatoes
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Maple butter mashed sweet potatoes
- Spicy garlic roasted broccoli
Love creamy mushroom recipes? Try these:
- Easy creamy mushroom chicken
- Creamy mushroom pasta bake
- Easy creamy mushroom sauce
- Easy creamy lemon garlic mushroom pasta
More easy dinner recipes:
- Easy honey garlic chicken thighs
- Cauliflower tikka masala curry
- Easy garlic butter shrimp and rice
- Easy lemon-garlic lamb chops
Creamy mushroom pork chops
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
For the easy mushroom sauce
- 500 g/ 1 lb mushrooms halved
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1½ cups heavy/whipping cream
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the pork chops dry with kitchen paper then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan/skillet and add 1-2 tablespoons of oil then sear the pork chops for 3-5 minutes per side until well browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon more of oil if necessary and add the mushrooms. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and herbs then fry for another 30 seconds before pouring in the cream and lemon juice. Season to taste then allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the pork chops and their resting juices back into the pan and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked to your preference.