Creamy spinach baked ravioli made with shop-bought ravioli is an easy, delicious vegetarian dinner recipe perfect for busy weeknights.
This creamy spinach baked ravioli is the kind of recipe you shouldn’t want to love, but you do. And you love it kind of a lot. Because not only is it so insanely easy to throw together, it’s also lick-your-plate-clean delicious. Using shop-bought ravioli makes this dish a breeze and so perfect for busy weeknights. Layered with creamy spinach sauce and grated cheese then baked until golden and bubbling. Are you drooling yet?
How to make baked ravioli
Start by making the creamy spinach sauce. Sauté an onion until soft and translucent then add chopped spinach and crushed garlic. Cook until the spinach has wilted then add cream and cornstarch mixed with milk to thicken. Season with salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice and add a big handful of grated Parmesan cheese. Layer the creamy spinach sauce with shop-bought ravioli (cheese ravioli works perfectly here) and grated mozzarella/cheddar then bake in a hot oven until golden brown on top and bubbling.
How long to bake ravioli
Shop-bought fresh ravioli requires approximately 10-15 minutes of baking in a hot oven. If you’re using frozen ravioli, extend the baking time with 10-15 minutes to ensure the ravioli is cooked through.
Baked pasta recipes:
- Cheese and tomato baked ravioli
- Classic baked mac and cheese
- Creamy mushroom pasta bake
- Easy cheese and tomato pasta bake
- Bolognese pasta bake
Creamy spinach baked ravioli
For the creamy spinach sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 200 g (7oz) baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the baked ravioli
- 500 g (1 pound) cheese ravioli
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/390ºF.
- Sauté the onion in a splash of olive oil until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Mix the milk and cornflour together. Pour the cream and milk mixture into the pan and allow to simmer gently until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the Parmesan and lemon juice then season to taste.
- Layer the creamy spinach sauce with the ravioli and cheese. Place in the oven and allow to bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is golden brown and the ravioli is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.