This bagel board is the perfect brunch for feeding a crowd. Pile all your favorite bagels and toppings onto a board and serve!
What to put on a bagel board
- Bagels. Use the best quality bagels you can find. You can of course make them yourself but buying from a deli or bakery makes this a fuss-free breakfast or brunch.
- Cream cheese. I like including plain cream cheese and a flavored version. Stirring finely chopped spring onion/scallions through whipped cream cheese is a delicious addition.
- Protein: Smoked salmon, boiled eggs or scrambled eggs, bacon.
- Vegetables: Sliced cucumber, radish, tomato, red onion and avocado.
- Lemon wedges.
How to make a bagel board
- Prepare the fillings: Whip room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer or whisk until fluffy. Optional: Stir finely chopped spring onion, salt and a squeeze of lemon into half of the cream cheese and transfer to bowls. Cook the eggs and bacon to your preference and slice the vegetables.
- Assemble the bagel board: Use your biggest board or platter and place the bagels down the center. Place the toppings around the bagels.
Can I prepare this ahead?
If the bagels you are using are fresh, the board can be assembled up to a 2 hours ahead. Add avocado and any warm elements like bacon and eggs right before serving. If using frozen bagels, toast them just before serving.
Easy bagel board
- 6 bagels sliced in half
- 250 g (½lb) bacon cooked
- 250 g (½lb) smoked salmon
- Sliced cucumber
- sliced radish
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomato
- boiled eggs
- lemon wedges
For the spring onion/scallion cream cheese
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup spring onion / scallions chopped
- pinch of salt
- squeeze of lemon
- To make the whipped cream cheese, place room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and with a hand mixer or whisk, whip until light and fluffy.
- Optional: Add spring onion, salt and lemon juice and mix in.
- To assemble the board, place the bagels and fillings of your choice on a large serving board or platter.
- Serve with lemon wedges.