This bagel board is the perfect brunch for feeding a crowd. Pile all your favorite bagels and toppings onto a board and serve!
What to put on a bagel board
- Bagels. Use the best quality bagels you can find. You can of course make them yourself but buying from a deli or bakery makes this a fuss-free breakfast or brunch.
- Cream cheese. I like including plain cream cheese and a flavored version. Stirring finely chopped spring onion/scallions through whipped cream cheese is a delicious addition.
- Protein: Smoked salmon, boiled eggs or scrambled eggs, bacon.
- Vegetables: Sliced cucumber, radish, tomato, red onion and avocado.
- Lemon wedges.
How to make a bagel board
- Prepare the fillings: Whip room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer or whisk until fluffy. Optional: Stir finely chopped spring onion, salt and a squeeze of lemon into half of the cream cheese and transfer to bowls. Cook the eggs and bacon to your preference and slice the vegetables.
- Assemble the bagel board: Use your biggest board or platter and place the bagels down the center. Place the toppings around the bagels.
Can I prepare this ahead?
If the bagels you are using are fresh, the board can be assembled up to a 2 hours ahead. Add avocado and any warm elements like bacon and eggs right before serving. If using frozen bagels, toast them just before serving.
Easy bagel board
This bagel board is the perfect brunch for feeding a crowd. Pile all your favorite bagels and toppings onto a board and serve!Print Pin Rate Add to Shopping ListGo to Shopping List
- 6 bagels sliced in half
- 250 g (½lb) bacon cooked
- 250 g (½lb) smoked salmon
- Sliced cucumber
- sliced radish
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomato
- boiled eggs
- lemon wedges
For the spring onion/scallion cream cheese
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup spring onion / scallions chopped
- pinch of salt
- squeeze of lemon
- To make the whipped cream cheese, place room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and with a hand mixer or whisk, whip until light and fluffy.
- Optional: Add spring onion, salt and lemon juice and mix in.
- To assemble the board, place the bagels and fillings of your choice on a large serving board or platter.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg
Love that board. I’ve been on the lookout for some at thrift and vintage stores.