Easy, healthy homemade granola is the perfect breakfast served with yogurt and fresh fruit. Fill a big jar and have a nutritious breakfast every day!
Granola is probably the easiest breakfast there is. Grab a handful, sprinkle it over some yogurt and add fresh fruit. Done! However, store bought granola can be full of sugar, salt and oil so I prefer making my own. It helps that homemade granola is one of the easiest recipes you can make. Mix all the ingredients up in a big bowl then bake until golden and crisp. Store in a jar and voila. No more excuses not to have a healthy breakfast every morning.
How to make granola
Combine old fashioned rolled oats, cashew nuts, raw almonds, coconut flakes and mixed seeds in a large mixing bowl. Melt together coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt then pour the wet ingredients over the dry. Mix well until the oats and nuts are all covered then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Place in a preheated oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes. Stir the granola every 7-10 minutes, taking care not to let it burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to a airtight jar. Store the granola for up to 2 months at room temperature.
Is granola gluten free?
It depends on if the ingredients you use contain gluten, but this recipe is completely gluten free and vegan. Oats are naturally gluten free but they are often processed in factories where other gluten-containing foods are processed and so, they can be cross-contaminated. Make sure the ingredients you use are all gluten free if you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity.
Easy breakfast recipes
- Easy breakfast yogurt fruit jars
- Chai spiced oatmeal with caramelized apples
- Make-ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches
- Easy healthy blueberry muffins
Easy cashew coconut granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup mixed seeds (I used a mixture of sesame, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Combine all the oats, nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix well.
- Transfer to a non-stick rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes. Stir the granola every 7-10 minutes to allow even browning. Take care not to burn the granola as the maple syrup will caramelize quickly.
- Remove the baked granola from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight jar and storing for up to 2 months.