This easy, cheesy beer bread with fresh corn is simply delicious. It’s the perfect side dish for everything from grilled meat to a comforting chili or stew.
Beer bread is one of those recipes absolutely everyone loves. It’s also fantastic because bread baking doesn’t get easier than this. Mix all the ingredients in one bowl and bake until golden, crusty and delicious.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Baking powder.
- Grated cheese. Cheddar, Jack cheese or Gruyere will all work well.
- Corn. Fresh, frozen or canned will all work.
How to make beer bread
- Make the batter: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Pour in the beer and mix until just combined. Stir in the grated cheese and corn kernels. Transfer the batter to a greased loaf pan (the one I used was 9x5in / 23x13cm).
- Bake: Place the pan in a pre-heated oven and allow to bake for 45-60 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the top of the bread is browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil. Once the bread is baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely before serving.
What kind of beer to use for bread
Most beer will work well in beer bread. I prefer a simple lager or pale ale but darker beer will add great flavor too.
What to serve with beer bread
- Chicken chili bowls
- Easy healthy chicken broccoli soup
- Instant Pot Guinness beef stew
- Easy Vegetable soup
Quick bread recipes
Easy cheesy corn beer bread
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 340 ml (+- 12 fl oz) beer standard size beer of your choice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add the beer then mix until just combined. Stir in the corn and cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan then place the butter on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes, checking to see if the bread is cooked after 45 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean the bread is cooked.
- If the bread is browning too fast, loosely cover it with a piece of foil and continue baking.
- When the bread is cooked, remove it from the oven and allow to cool before serving.