These easy chicken corn crunchwraps are perfect for after school snacks, easy lunches and fast dinners. Serve with guacamole and salsa for a family feast.
Crunchwraps in all shapes and forms have taken over the internet. I see them in my feed every week and to be honest, I’m not mad about it. I mean, let’s face it, crunchwraps are pretty much a fancy quesidilla and I am ALWAYS in for quesidillas. And since I started making these easy chicken corn crunchwraps, my family and I have been obsessed.
This has become my go-to for using up left-over roast chicken. Mixed with mozzarella, sweetcorn and seasonings, it’s the kind of recipe you can’t get enough of. I also love that I can make these crunchwraps all the way up to cooking them and keep them in a sealed container in the fridge until I’m ready to cook and serve. Lunchtimes and after school snacks have never looked this good. 😎
How to make chicken corn crunchwraps
So obviously, crunchwraps are the perfect vehicle for pretty much anything you want to stuff them with. We know the classic Crunchwrap Supreme is filled with taco meat, lettuce, tomato, etc. but why not go beyond that? Like I said, leftovers work perfectly in a crunchwrap. Leftover cooked chicken, ground beef (mince) and sautéed/roasted vegetables are all made for a crunchwrap. And you can fill it with anything you know your kids will eat.
I used shredded leftover roast chicken and combined it with frozen sweetcorn (used straight from the freezer), a pinch of dried chili flakes, oregano and lots of mozzarella. The only tricky thing is folding the crunchwrap but I use tricky very lightly here as it’s honestly not that hard. Just make sure to not overstuff the wrap and make sure you buy big burrito-style wraps. Place your filling in the centre and then starting at one end, bring the outer edge into the middle. Continue until you have a hexagonal-ish shape.
Pre-heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and then place the crunchwrap in the pan, folded side down. Allow it to cook and crisp up then flip over and continue. Remove, slice and serve. Easy peasy!
Easy chicken corn crunchwraps
- 4 large burrito wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups sweetcorn
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded/grated
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional (add more if you want it spicier)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- guacamole to serve
- salsa to serve
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Place a cup-full of filling into the center of a burrito wrap then starting at one end, fold the wrap into the center. Continue until you have a hexagonal shape.
- Place the crunchwrap, fold-side down, into the pre-heated pan and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Flip and allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes on the other side until golden and heated through. (Placing a lid on the pan will allow the crunchwraps to heat through faster and make sure the cheese melts.)
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool for a minute before slicing and serving with guacamole and salsa.