Easy Greek pork chops
Juicy Greek pork chops marinated in olive oil, oregano, garlic and lemon grilled until golden brown and perfectly cooked are delicious as an easy dinner.
How to make Greek pork chops
Make a simple marinade of olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, freshly minced garlic, dried oregano, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Whisk the marinade together then pour over thick-cut pork chops. I like to remove the rind from the fat as this rind curls up when cooking causing your chops to cook unevenly. Pre-heat a skillet or griddle pan until hot then cook the pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Once the chops are golden brown and starting to crisp, turn on to the fat side and cook for 2-3 minutes to allow the fat to render and crisp up.
Remove the chops from the pan and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
What temperature to cook pork chops
Pork chops should be cooked to 62ºC / 145ºF internal temperature. Depending on the thickness of the chops, this should take between 5 and 10 minutes per side in a hot pan. When the meat is opaque and white throughout, the chops are cooked.
What to serve with Greek pork chops
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Greek salad with fried feta cheese
- Easy steamed spring vegetables with feta cheese
- Easy side salad with lemon dressing
- Pea and feta quinoa salad
- Easy creamy potato salad
Delicious pork recipes
- Creamy mushroom pork chops
- Garlic herb pork fillet skewers
- Honey-garlic pork ribeye steak
- Date night pork fillet with mushroom risotto
Easy Greek pork chops
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves minced/crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 thick cut pork chops rind removed
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients then pour over the pork chops. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge. (Allow chops to come to room temperature before cooking.)
- To cook, pre-heat a skillet/griddle pan then cook the pork chops for 5-6 minutes (depending on thickness) per side until golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on the fat side to render the fat and allow it to crisp. Remove the chops from the pan and allow rest for 5 minutes, covered with foil.
- Serve the chops with side dishes of your choice.